AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

1/18 scale police diorama

Go down

1/18 scale police diorama

Post by aussie_digger on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

Gday lads...

Well as i said in my post in collectors showroom.. im starting a police diorama with my 2 1/18 scale police cars......the scene is a criminal on a harley crashed into an innocent motorist during a pursuit and 2 police cars responding.Later on it will be 3 cop cars as soon as i get my lightbar i odered from the states for my other cop car. Pics are where im at with it so far......

I still got to -Get a proper/stick on road direction sign to replace to dodgy one i painted up
-Authenticate the crash scene with detail paint/scaring
-put in streep lamps
-put in speed signs
-touch up figures with paint
-Add in some by-standers loooking on from the grass area,if i can make up a camera man and reporter recording the event

aussie_digger
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 1/18 scale police diorama

Post by sports850 on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 3:41 pm

Looks great , did the cars come with the lights working or did you add them yourself ?
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie_digger on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 4:53 pm

POLICE LIGHTBARS << lightbar link for police lightbars

They were added by the guy i bought them off... i bought the unmarked one of a guy that does awsome realistic/acurate decals and lights for 1/18 cars.His work is great,3mm wiring used for lights,conceals alll wires perfectly,he pulls em apart to get lights in and around car. Then i custom ordered the Queensland police car.... took bout 3 weeks,ya gotta order the lightbars from USA then he installs LED's,solders and paints em.Im waiting on a fully working Lightbar for my western Australian cop car cause its got them vector lightbars on it and i hate them style of lights.But ill post the site for a mob in USA that does all styles of lightbars for 1/18 scale.. they got some goochi lights to transorm cars into cop cars.

aussie_digger
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Back to top Go down

Post by The roadrunner on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 2:11 pm

that looks awesome how easy would it be to add these led light to 1/25 scale cars and are they easy to wire up
The roadrunner
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

lightbars

Post by aussie_digger on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 3:54 pm

Gday runner.. cheers for comment

Where i got my lightbar from they only do 1/18 scale and 1/24 scale,but maybe 1/24 will fit 1/25.
Their ready made to put on,no soldering or wiring necessary,just depends on how good ya want it,ie: no exposed wires and pulling the car apart to do so and install the switch under the back of boot and all that stuff..... they run off a 9v battery.Give the site a look at and read up on the 1/24 scale as im not really familiar or toy with tht scale.Any Q's drop em a line.. these guys are the only dudes in the world at moment making user friendly,no tech expertise needed lightbars for models.

POLICE LIGHTBARS FOR 1/24 SCALE <<< LINK FOR LIGHTBARS 1/24 SCALE

aussie_digger
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down