AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

My First car!

Go down

My First car!

Post by Adam Clark on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 9:46 pm

Well G'day everyone! Long time no see hey? Have kind of dropped off the face of the model forum here. Haven't been modeling as much as usual and I'm sorry for not being active byebye 

Anyway, what's new with me? I've been working towards my Certificate 1 in Automotive and have been doing work experience one day a week during school times, at a local auto mechanic to get some skills and potentially an apprenticeship at the end of it! So that's already given me a lot of knowledge that I hadn't had before.

I also bought my first car the other week. It's a 1985 Four-runner that has been converted to a Hilux. It runs a 2.8 Turbo diesel, 35" Mickey T Mud runners, and a 6" lift kit. Mechanically very strong, has had less than 2000km on an engine rebuild, and 250***km on the body. She's a pig to drive, wandering in the steering as you drive and Need to crack it back to 3rd for a slight hill on the highway. But that makes it fun to drive haha  Twisted Evil Plans will be plenty of mud running and off road trips on the Mickey T's and a casual run around on smaller wheels when I can afford to buy some wheels to bolt on and off. 

Anyway, that's just a few things that's happened in my life since I went AWOL, hope to stay around and keep in touch a bit more. Cheers guys! 

This is the height difference between mine, and mum's Skyline. Baring in mind that mum is up a hill slightly.  Laughing
Adam Clark
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: My First car!

Post by slowlylearning on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:23 pm

Thats just plain cool. Reminds me of the yoyo on Back To The Future.

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Clark on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:43 pm

Thanks mate! But the yoyo? I'm not following?  Razz
Adam Clark
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slowlylearning on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 11:31 pm

Lazy speak for Toyota lol

Reminds me of this one from Back to the Future

Gunna go get it all muddy? hellyeah

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by baZOOKa on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:58 am

Hety Adam ... if you thought modeling was expensive then - welcome to vehicle ownership hehee.

Nice rig mate. Can I suggest you join a 4x4 club to learn what to do and not to do. I had a 2 stoke 3 cyl LJ60 Suzuki (Absolute bucket of fun) when I first got on the 4x4 road ...best thing I ever did was join a club. I soone learnt I knew nothing about offroading.

Oh and they dont call them Roll-luxs for nothing ...so be careful!

The 2.8 oil burner will be pretty average on the road ...just wait till you get it in boggy stuff ...it will pull hard all day !

Enjoy buddy and thanks for letting us know your still around! Take care.
baZOOKa
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1409
Registration date : 2011-07-15

http://www.outbackherbsandspices.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by allan on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:36 pm

Cool ute, I agree join 4X4 club, ya real cars can be costly, have funny with it mate.bigthumbsup
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 9673
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Clark on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 8:05 pm

I can't wait to take it mud running Slowly! It'll be awesome!

I'll be sure to find a local 4x4 club to get ideas and more info. Won't be serious 4x4ing as of yet, need to get it properly right first. Just a couple of things to touch up on her to get it a-okay. 
Spent the day today installing a handbrake assembly as it had nothing what so ever. Needs slave cylinder. Also a window mechanism and some music action, but get the mechanical side done first and foremost.

I thought it was just a way of saying "should of bought a Rolex rolf 

It doesn't have a whole lot of speed, as I've found out going around the roads and having a queue of 10 cars waiting to pass  Rolling Eyes
Adam Clark
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 7:15 am

Hey Adam, tuff old truck mate - nice! Do you have the whole learner drivers log book thing down there? Your folks will be quietly happy your bus is steady along the road too. Pick your 4wd club carefully, some are only interested in highly modified trucks which are a sink hole for money and busting stuff and others consider taking all wheel drive Toyota Klugers and Subaru Outbacks on gravel roads as 4wding. At the risk of sounding old, tread lightly off road so we can enjoy access to all areas for years to come. Have fun. If you ever come north, look us up and we'll show you the country here.
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2013-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrospectKustoms on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:57 am

Looks like fun mate, should be able to get into your fair share of trouble with that.
RetrospectKustoms
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2475
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum