AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Goodbye Pork Pie (1981) movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodbye Pork Pie (1981) movie

Post by aussie muscle on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 10:38 am

Goodbye Pork Pie is a small cult New Zealand car chase movie that i only heard of a few months ago. It follows a crazy trio as they try to escape the police and get to Invercargill (it sounds a LOT like Dirty Mary Crazy Larry). They get around in a stolen mini, and near their destination, to get money they start to sell off parts of the mini, ending up with a shell by the time they get there.

The model is a Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper that i built in the 1980s and rebuilt it as 'Mr Bean's Mini' about 10 years ago. it's in poor condition, and i've been intending to replace it for a few years. since i've now got a brand new Tamiya Mk 1 in my unbuilt pile, i decided to do something with the old one.

The rather sad little Mini is missing plenty of parts and doesn't look very good.

After a complete strip down

One of the issues was this gaping hole caused by separating the inner door panel tearing the styrene body.

also one of the pieces of the rear window had been broken, which i replaced with styrene rod

Onto the rebuild, a fresh coat of Sunshine Yellow (from MMP) was applied over the body and top of the chassis

i retrimmed the seats in what was described as 'chocolate brown'. This changes through the movie as their three minis all had different interiors, so red or black could also be "correct". I used Mission Brown (MMP) and coated that with Testors Dullcote.

the engine was bright green, so i repainted the block in a matt green enamel and touched up the accessories.

i resprayed the bottom of the chassis in matt black before reassembling everything.

I put the engine back in and cut new window glass, the windscreen was cracked in two parts, so it made sense to replace it and the side windows too, as the originals were fogged, scratched and had paint flicks.
aussie muscle
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2011-06-06

http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/aussiemuscle308/library/Model%

Back to top Go down

Re: Goodbye Pork Pie (1981) movie

Post by nosaj76 on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm

Nice work mate!..... it would be cool to see the flick
nosaj76
I should be working on Models