AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Newbie help required

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie help required

Post by clea on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:24 pm

Clea, requires some assistance on hooking up to a forum; need to know easiest way to upload photos, and hooking into discussions.
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie help required

Post by 70cudatj on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:55 pm

G'day Clea, welcome aboard.
OK I'll start with chiming in on discussions.
Where you see a thread you want to reply to or add to, go to the bottom of the page and use the window there to write your bit. You can add the smilies by clicking on the smiley face and picking the one you want. Then click 'send' to post it.
If you want to start a thread go to the forum you want to post in, I'll use The workshop as an example, that is self explanatory, for works in progress, so you look at the top left or bottom left of page and click on the "New Topic" button, give the post a title and post away, but you've probably worked that out already I guess.
For posting pics you'll need a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Fotki or Flickr etc. They're generally free to use, just sign up and start to upload your pics from your computer to that hosting page.
Then.... with your photo page open and the photo selected choose the "Direct Link" for that photo, either click it or copy it, then back here at the forum in your new post window choose the icon that looks like a square box with a + symbol on the bottom right corner, click that and in the "URL" box paste the pic you just copied from the photo host site. It will appear as text as you're drafting the post but when you 'send' the post it will appear as a pic in the forum.
Gee, I hope that made sense? If not keep asking and I'll (or someone else) will add more to that. Good luck mate, see how you go?
Cheers TJ
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2049
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Thanks for your advice

Post by clea on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 2:38 am

70cudatj

Thanks for your advice, just going to give it a try....see how I go.
I was going to try truckstop, purely because, i have a photo open.

Appreciate it.
Cheers Clea.
clea

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie help required

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down