AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

F132

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

F132

Post by Morrie on Thu 22 Sep 2016, 11:56 pm

So I have been waiting for someone to build this car but it hasn't happened, the F132 from the video game, so I guess I'm going to have to do it. Twisted Evil

SO I have these 2 kits plus a pile of other 32 ford bodies I have been collecting to choose from.

And I want to build this car..

This one should be fun..
Morrie
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: F132

Post by rx3me on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

wow! that's something different, will be watching. popcorn Which game is it from morrie ?
rx3me

Male Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2013-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by micsmav on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:52 pm

wowwee
micsmav
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:59 pm

drool  Oh yeah .... I'm watching this one for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2049
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:55 pm

Hey RX3, it's from one of the newer need for speed game.
Morrie

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:40 pm

I have been "gonna gonna gonna" for a long tome mate, but i ended up using my 32 for the hot wheels replica instead..
But i am excited to see somebody have a crack at it..... go for it buddy..
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Sun 25 Sep 2016, 7:25 pm

Had a sit down this arvo at my bench, wasn't super keen to build, had a big weekend camping drinking and moto riding so feeling a bit flat, so just a quick play with some plastic to work out how the hell I'm going to make this work.

I took a few photo's to work out sizing, placement, what has to be removed etc, so thought I would share them, not cutting or gluing yet just thinking. scratch

The F1 kit mainly snaps together so I put most of the body and the suspension together with tape to see what I had to work with. the ford bodies are a chopped 5 window and a 3 window that isn't chopped enough, I'm going to work out which one to use once I have the floor pan from the F1 cut and made to fit, both 32 bodies are pretty much identical in floor shape and size.

The body just sitting on top of the F1 for actual size difference. the scale looks pretty good.

Then I pulled off the top of the F1 and  laid  the 32 body over it and started to notice a problem.

Yep the front suspension is about 2 feet to far forward, so I guess an easy just slap it on the chassis and do some body work isn't going to be happening, This is where the front wheels have to sit. lol.. but the good thing is all the back end looks to be good as far as wheels and rear wing placement, and the side air dams will also be in the right spot.

The side air dams look to sit out from the body similar to the photo's I have of the F132, I'm not sure how making a 3D computer drawn car out of plastic one is going to work but he did say  he used an actual scale 3D drawing of the 32 to start with, but doesn't mention anywhere what F1 car he was looking at, but mine will be cooler because its a Ferrari.  Cool  If you look into the car, the engine is sitting in a horrid spot for anyone who would actually have to drive one of these thing.

So nothing to exciting happening so far, I think my next step is to get the old dremel out and start chopping up an F1 car..
Morrie

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee on Sun 25 Sep 2016, 7:45 pm

INSPIRATIONAL pics mate, yes, these builds do need some serious nutting out before you cut into the donor.
Looks like you just need to take a bit out of the F1 length, and make it an F3/4... Laughing
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon on Sun 25 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

You've got my attention Morrie..........based on your previous works, you'll knock it out of the park.
popcorn popcorn
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 888
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrospectKustoms on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 5:22 pm

Looks great so far Morrie. Good Luck.
RetrospectKustoms
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2468
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The grumpy 0ne on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm

cool idea got one that may help mate if you look at the picture of the f132 seems like it's stretched a bit maybe a thought edge out the center post on the 5 window lower the lid or make the 3 window longer threw the middle don't mind me man got a bad habit of doing stuff like that lol like a animal i got brewing now on another site its been chopped channeled bobbed and suicide sprung from end sectioned the bed made cycle fenders been fun for 4 days worth of cobbling

The grumpy 0ne
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 7:59 pm

Thanks guys, got things working now. Today I got into cutting stuff up and a bit of building.

The first thing was to cut a section out of the bottom of the body, On the designers page he said it would be 42 inches tall, so the chopped 5 window was to scale 42 inches tall, so I had to allow for the F1 floor pan and ground clearance so I think I'm pretty close after trimming it down, The bottom of the body is now flat as well to sit on the floor pan flush.

I also had to cut a slot in the back for the rear wing to come out.

To make the body flush on the floor I had to cut slots into the mounting ridges for the top of the F1 shell. This pic is just after I dremeled them, I cleaned them up so it fitted better.

SO I got the body sitting nice on the floor and the wing looks pretty cool hanging off the back, but it was still way to long in the front.

This is how much I cut out to start with, I ended up trimming another 4-5mm out.

last test fit before I started to rebuild the floor.

This is the finished length and the floor is all back in one piece, tomorrow I will work out the Grill and how to mount the front wing because the Ferrari set up ain't going to work at all. And I hope to do some work on combining the 2 bodies at the back.

Morrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 9:53 pm

Great work Morrie.....this is too cool.
Keep it coming.
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 888
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by micsmav on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 7:38 pm

greatwork greatwork greatwork greatwork
micsmav
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The grumpy 0ne on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 7:42 pm

now your cooking my friend lol looks like a good start

The grumpy 0ne
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 9:57 pm

back on the bench today, my Dremel was getting lots of action.

First up I had to solve a rear tyre rubbing issue, I found another photo of the back of the F132 and they have pulled the back end in a lot, prob so the rear wheels don't rub so here was my problem.

My solution was to make slots down either side of the boot lid so I can pull the back end in and give it a nice curve.

Here it is pulled in, glued and the rear window and roof filled in, looks better.

Next up was to incorporate the F1 body with the 32 body, I decided to cut the 32 body and drop it over the F1.

Finally after cutting and trimming and trimming and trimming it finally sat right, I also cut the sides straight along and over the rear suspension to open it up for the air to get in.

Once all that glue was set I cut the F1 body that was inside the 32 cab out to use the Air scoop, trimmed in up and eventually got it to sit in a good spot, starting to look like a race car now..

last up, I just wanted to see it with the grill on, so I cut the front end of the F1 off just to see how its going to look.  Smile

Looks pretty Tuff now.

But I think I might need to cut a section out of the grill.

So getting most of the big stuff done, still have to do the front end and interior, then the slow part of cleaning up the construction work for putty and primer.

thanks for following guys  Very Happy
Morrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bretto on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:16 pm

thats lookin' great so far

Bretto
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by allan on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 8:09 am

Shocked  there is a lot of work going into this one  Shocked popcorn
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 9545
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 6:49 pm

I agree with Al, there is bucket loads to take in here!!! Coming off beautifully Morrie. badtothebone
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1130
Registration date : 2013-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 9:00 pm

Thanks fella's.

I got into some more building today. first up I took a section out of the grill so it don't drag on the road, this is how much I needed to remove.

Looks to be the right height now and a bit of room to mount the front wing.

Next up was time to do the hood. I chose a 1 piece one as it was easier to line up. I needed to cut slots in the side so it would fit over the front suspension, the F132 just had holes for the suspension arms but I cant pull mine apart to slide them through the little holes, so slots will have to do.

The next part took a while to work out and build, I needed to fill in the big hole under the car where the 32 body didn't match up to the F1 body, so I just continued the flat floor all the way to the front, it needs a bit of putty but should look all factory once its painted, the bit at the front with the hole is my first attempt at mounting the wing.

The front wing where it should end up, will have ground clearance, this is the first attempt at mounting it, I will have another go tomorrow.

So now all I have to do is mount the front wing and do the interior, the interior has been a struggle to work out the best way to do it because the engine has ended up in the cab where the seat should go, so I think I might have to get rid of the engine and make it into a front mounted engine and run a trans tunnel to the gearbox in the back so I can fit a seat in there, there is ment to be 2 seats staggered but not sure they will fit. scratch
Morrie

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 2:00 pm

Sweet.
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1678
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rx3me on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:38 pm

greatwork awsome job morrie, hats off to you for sticking with it. keep up the gr8 work. bigthumbsup bigthumbsup
rx3me

Male Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2013-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:43 pm

SICK SICK SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrie on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 9:13 pm

I got to work on this again today, keen to finish it so I can start the next build.

Today I got the interior done and the chassis painted. I even put carpet in it seams its half hot rod.

I used a seat out of my spare parts, the steering wheel etc is from the F1 kit and the interior tub is mostly scratch built from bits of styrene. The suspension is actually gun metal grey just cant see it in the photos.

It doesn't have an engine but if I did want to go through the nightmare of fitting in, it would go here with the gearbox in the back. It would actually work but would be tight.

This is the last time the body goes on until its painted and mounted forever, still need to rub this primer and maybe primer again to get it to where I'm happy, not 100% if I'm going to paint it Ferrari Red on Black like the original.

Well that's about it for the interesting stuff, now just to do the paint, make a basic blank for the grill the finish it off. Hopefully be in the Showroom in the next few days Smile
Morrie

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 10:59 pm

That is just seriously AWESOME so far mate.
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top