AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

The WeeDub - VW engine

Go down

The WeeDub - VW engine

Post by fastbackfreddie on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 9:19 pm

Its been a while guys since i have posted something, but i have been working away behind the scenes.
A VW mate of mine called around early last year and proudly showed me a box of resin parts that he bought.  He was so excited by it all and asked me if I could build it for him...after all the instructions stated that it could be assembled in 7-10 hours.  Deep down I was scared by what I saw...warped bits, bits full of pin holes, bits that were paper thin,  bits with a tonne of flash.  Feeling shell shocked and removed of all my better judgement, I said yeah...no worries Pete.
It didn't take long before my worst fears were confirmed.   With no positive locating features on any parts, I proceeded to fit each part with brass dowels and dry fit the complete assembly.  I scratch built the throttle/cable assembly for some added realism and added some extra bits here and there to dress it up a bit. 120+  hours saw it through  Shocked
I think it turned out OK. Pete is pretty proud with his new donk though  Laughing

Oh yeah...did I mention it was 1/4 scale.  I parked it up for size next to my 1/24 bus...

Anyway, something a bit different.  Very Happy
fastbackfreddie
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The WeeDub - VW engine

Post by dv8v8 on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:59 pm

bigthumbsup
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5026
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Al G on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 5:31 pm

Wow,what an excellent job you did with that I bet your mate was happy with it for sure.BTW love your bus to Cool
Al G
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2016-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by allan on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 8:12 pm

Now that's one very cool Dak Dak engine A+ winner Kombi Transporter looks cool too.
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 9656
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down